Who We Are
Custer Lutheran Fellowship is part of the South Dakota Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
Our mission at Custer Lutheran Fellowship is to plant the word of God, nurture growth in children and adults, and scatter the seeds of joy and faith in a diverse community.
God's Spirit inspires us to be...
- A worshiping community, hearing the life-giving Word of God receiving Christ's very presence in the Sacraments, and raising our voices in joyful songs of praise and prayer;
- A growing community, with building and grounds spacious enough for all;
- An intergenerational community, nurturing children and youth, young adults, people in mid-life, and older people as one family of God;
- A learning community, in which people of all ages take advantage of multiple opportunities to deepen their understanding of the grace and justice of God;
- A giving community, generously offering our time, talent and treasure to support each other and share in Christ's ministry;
- A serving community, reaching beyond ourselves to stand with the poor, the sick, the hungry and the oppressed;
- A witnessing community, eager to share with everyone the joy we have received from Christ.
Our Bedrock Beliefs are...
- We grow in faith through worship and sacraments.
- The Word of God is our hope, healer and help.
- We believe in the cross and our risen Lord and that through Christ we have eternal life.
- Support comes from within our family of believers who see and serve Jesus in others.
- Through prayer we evoke God's love and power as the Spirit intercedes for us "with sighs too deep for words to express."
- In crisis God is our strength. God is all loving and accepting and God helps us through these times.
- We have faith only through God's grace.